ponedjeljak, 13. srpnja 2009.
Discharge is a British hardcore punk band formed in 1977 by Terry "Tezz" Roberts and Roy "Rainy" Wainwright. They are often considered among one of the very first bands to play hardcore punk, and mixing punk with metal. While the band had substantial lineup changes over its history, the core members over the early 1980s, when the band produced its key recordings, were Kelvin "Cal" Morris (vocals), Tony "Bones" Roberts (guitar), Roy Wainwright (bass), and Terry Roberts (drums).
The band's music is characterized by a heavy, distorted, and grinding guitar-driven sound and rawly shouted vocals, with lyrics on anarchist and pacifist themes. The band's first album in 1982, Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing, went to number two on the UK Indie charts and number 40 in the UK Album Chart. In the early 1980s, the group had a number of singles and EPs place in the top 10 of the UK indie charts, including the 1981 EP Why? and the 1982 single State Violence State Control.
After 1982, the addition of guitarist Peter "Pooch" Purtill brought significant thrash metal crossover elements to the band. In the 1990s, the band released several metal-influenced albums, which alienated some of the original fan base. In the early 2000s, the original line up was reunited and they released a self-titled album using the 1980s musical style.
Discharge's music influenced hardcore punk, thrash metal, crust punk, grindcore and various extreme metal subgenres. The most well-known metal bands covering Discharge songs include Metallica, Anthrax,Napalm Death and Sepultura.
* State Violence State Control (1982)
* The Price of Silence (1983)
* The More I See (1984)
* Ignorance (1985)
* Realities of War (1980)
* Fight Back (1980)
* Decontrol (1980)
* Why (1981)
* Never Again (indie #3, UK Singles Chart
* Warning: Her Majesty's Government Can Seriously Damage Your Health (1983)
* Beginning of the End (2006)
* Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing (1982)
* Why? (1982)
* Grave New World (1986)
* Massacre Divine (1991)
* Shootin' Up the World (1993)
* Discharge (2002)
* Disensitise (2009)
* Never Again (1984)
* 1980–1986 (1986)
* Protest and Survive (1992)
* Vision of War (1997)
* The Clay Punk Singles Collection (1995)
* Hardcore Hits (1999)
* Society's Victims (2004)
Splits and other:
* Demo recording from 1977
* Limited edition live cassette: Live at the Lyceum (1981) - CHAOS Cassettes LIVE 001, recorded 24 May 1981
* Live album: Live at the City Gardens, New Jersey (1989)
* Live album: Live: The Nightmare Continues... (1990) recorded at Tunstall Town Hall, Stoke-on-Trent in 1983
* Tribute album: Discharged (1992)
* Tribute album: In Defence Of Our Future: A Tribute To Discharge (1999)
* Split EP with MG15 (2006)
* Tony Rat* 2006-present
* Terry "Tezz" Roberts (1977)
* Kelvin "Cal" Morris (1977–1987, 1991–1995, 1997–2003)
* Rob "Rocky Shades" Berkley (1987)
* Roy "Rainy" Wainwright (1977)
* Tony "Bones" Roberts
* Andy Green (1991–1995)
* Stephen "Fish" Brooks (1986–1987)
* Les "The Mole" Hunt (1984–1986)
* Peter "Pooch" Pyrtle (1983–1984)
* Labanthorsen "The Torn" Ekeroth (1995–1999)
* Roy "Rainy" Wainwright
* Anthony "Jake" Morgan (1991–1995)
* Nick Bushell
* Nigel Bamford
* Dave "Proper" Caution (2006–present)
* Terry "Tezz" Roberts (1977–1981, 1997–2006)
* Micky Gibson (1984–1986)
* Garry Maloney (1981–1984, 1986–1987, 1991–1995)
* Dave 'Bambi' Ellesmere (1981)
* Tony "Akko" Atkinson (1977–1979)
* Keith Haynes (1981)
* Mika "Gas Lipstick" Karppinen (1991)
The intense Motörhead- and Buzzcocks-influenced drum beat used by Discharge early in their career is referred to as D-beat. It became a subgenre of hardcore punk, especially in Japanese, Brazilian, and Scandinavian hardcore and punk scenes.
Many bands that followed Discharge's stylistic approach, primarily in Sweden, began using the "Dis-" prefix and "-charge" suffix in their names, and even began using "Des-" words with "Dis-" in its place as a parody. Examples include Disfear, Disclose, Discard, Recharge, Disarm, and Distraught. The bands who followed this naming trend also imitated Discharge's logo.
I uploaded 3 recordings from them they are:
2-Never again 7"
3-State violence state control 7"
2-DOWNLOAD- Never again 7"
3-Download- State violence state control 7"